K1 Fiance(e) Visa

What is K1 Fiance(e) Visa?
K1 Fiance(e) Visa is a non-immigrant visa for foreign citizens who would like to marry an American citizen and reside permanently in the U.S.

An American citizen, on the other hand who has a foreign fiance(e) who stays outside the U.S and if they plan to get married in the U.S., he/she can obtain a fiancé(e) for his/her foreign fiancé(e). The foreign fiancé(e) can bring along his/her children by filing an application for a K-2 derivative visa.

Requirements for the K1 Visa
You are eligible for the K1 fiancé(e) visa if:

  1. You and your fiancé(e) are legally eligible to marry under the laws of your country as well as the laws of the U.S.
  2. You will marry the petitioning U.S. citizen within 90 days of entering the U.S.
  3. You intend to enter the U.S. solely to marry the U.S. citizen
  4. You have met the U.S. citizen within the last two years before filing for the K1 fiancé(e) visa. This requirement can be waived only if meeting your fiancé(e) in person would violate long-established customs, or would create extreme hardship for the U.S. citizen

Filing the K1 Petition
Your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) must file the K1 fiancé(e) visa petition on your behalf with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) along with the following forms and documents:

  1. USCIS Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) (If you have unmarried children who are under 21, they are eligible to accompany you, but only if they are listed on this form)
  2. Evidence of U.S. citizenship of petitioner – Evidence can include original U.S. birth certificate, U.S. passport, Certificate of Naturalization, or Certificate of Citizenship or FS-240, Record of Birth Abroad of U.S. Citizen
  3. Two Form G-325A Biographic Data Sheets (one for you and one for your fiancé(e))
  4. One passport style color photo of you and one of your fiancé(e) taken within 30 days of filing
  5. Copies of any divorce decrees, death certificates, or annulment decrees if either you or your fiancé have been previously married
  6. Proof of permission to marry if you or your fiancé(e) are subject to any age restrictions

Applying for the K1 Visa at an American Consulate
Once the USCIS approves of the petition, it forwards the file to the National Visa Center (NVC), who completes the initial processing for the K1 Visa. Once that is completed the NVC forwards the file to the American Consulate where you will be applying for the K1 visa. http://www.bigstartvisa.com/services/k1-visa/ http://www.bigstartvisa.com/services/k1-visa/The petition is valid for a period of four months from the date of USCIS action, and may be revalidated by the consular officer.

The NVC will notify you when the approved petition is received and provide you the necessary forms and instructions to apply for a K1 visa. You may have to submit the following documents as a part of your K1 fiance(e) visa application at the American Consulate:

  1. Valid passport
  2. Copy of your birth certificate (must include Full name, date and place of birth, and parents full names)
  3. Copies of any divorce decrees, death certificates, or annulment decrees if either of you have been previously married
  4. Police certificate from all places where you have lived since age 16
  5. Medical examination (you will receive instructions from the NVC or the consulate on completing the medical exam)
  6. Evidence that your fiance will support you
  7. Evidence of valid relationship with your fiance
  8. Two color, passport style photographs (1 and 1/2 inches square (37x37mm), showing full face, against a light background)