Australia: Carer Visa (Subclass 116)
This visa is for someone who needs to move to Australia to:
- care for a relative in Australia with a long-term medical condition, or
- assist a relative providing this care to a member of their family unit.
You might be eligible for this visa if
- you have a relative in Australia who needs assistance due to a long-term medical condition
- your relative has arranged an assessment with Medibank Health Solutions
- there is no one else in Australia who can provide online casino the care or assistance
- you are willing and able to assist your relative
- you are sponsored by your relative.
ABOUT THIS VISA:
A Carer visa (subclass 116) is a permanent visa for people who want to live in Australia to provide substantial and continuing care or assistance for a relative who either:
- has a long-term medical condition that means they cannot look after themselves in practical aspects of daily life, or
- needs permanent or long-term practical support to help them care for a member of their family in their household with such a medical condition.
The relative must not be able to reasonably get the care they need from any other relative or from welfare, hospital, nursing or community services in Australia.
The Carer visa (subclass 116) is a permanent visa. You must make your application outside Australia and be outside Australia when it is granted.
Source: Department of Immigration and Border Protection – Australian Government.